Part of My Story

12:33 PM

I have decided that a certain part of my life needs a makeover. Let me explain. First of all I have never been a healthy eater. I like carbs, they are the main staple in my diet and for a big part of my life I could eat them and get away with it. But I was also very active with playing very competitive soccer year round. I discovered very quickly after I got married that my eating habits were now becoming an issue. I gained 30-35 pounds within the first 6 months of being married. I was able to maintain that weight for several months. I got a new job after we moved to Oregon which was something I desperately needed. I worked for a franchise of LA Weightloss. It was a truly rewarding job in many different ways. Not only did it help me to lose most of that weight that I had gained, it also let me help other people change their lives and see them become more and more happy each day. I worked there for 2 years and met many amazing people. About six months after I had quit LA Weightloss to pursue a different career, My husband and I decided to buy our first home. With the added stress of buying a home and remodeling I gained that weight back. Now I'm not blaming stress on all of my weight gain. I did eat lots of very bad stuff for a few months in the middle of all the wonderful stress. So we've lived in this house a year now and I'm finding that the stress is not going away due to all of the many projects we have now accumulated with owning a home. And also I just started my own photography business.... to say the least, I am stressed! I am now in a phase in my life where not only have I started a business but my husband and I are in a place in our lives where we would like to start our own family.

Many people around me are trying to become healthy and I have been saying it to myself to get healthy for far too long. So today is the day I put it in writing and get started. I have made a list of healthy recipes to make and try out. We have a treadmill that I will be using on a regular basis to get myself into optimum health before we have a baby. Today is the first day of the rest of my life :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yea, Grace! You're a smart girl to realize that while still young...it takes some of us a lot longer to figure it out. (me, ducking...)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images